Thursday, November 20, 2008

Belated Birthday to Dad

I want to Thank my cool cousin Melodi for keeping my Dad, Sidney Bulkin alive! Dad's Birthday on Aug. 3rd was difficult without him this yr. He just loved his Birthday and everyone's Birthday's!  He was a proud Leo and loved his Leo daughter Leslie!  They shared their Aug. Birthday month together as they were best friends.  We miss his daily phone calls and talks about music, and hearing him sing those fantastic old Jazz songs to us.  He loved his family and his grandchildren more then anything in the world and bragged about everyone to EVERYONE!!!!   

It's been a difficult yr. without him but we're constantly thinking about him, telling his stories, trying to tell his jokes (no one seems to get the punch lines right as good as he did -- although Gary and Mel are pretty good at getting them). He had perfect timing, perfect rhythm, and is still one of the best drummer's in the world!

WE LOVE YOU DAD & MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!!

Love...kelly bulkin

2 comments:

Herb Stark said...

Hi Kelly:

I knew your dad when he played in the Ralph Flanagan orchestra way back in the early 1950s. I have a couple of photos I took backstage at the Statler Hotel or the Hotel Pennsylvania or it might have been in Frank Daily's Meadowbrook. If you give me an address, I'll mail them to you. Sid was one heck of a guy and he even gave me some drum lessons. Please reply via E-mail. Thank you and have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Herb Stark
239 Division Ave.
Massapequa,NY 11758
516 799-4983

Herb Stark said...

Dear Carrie/Kelly:

You can call me or E-mail me at

frankdean@optonline.net

Afternoon is the best time.

Hope you saw the photos on George Wesley Dannells site. Have a great day.

Herb