Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We Miss You, Sid -- This Is Your Family Singing To You!

Three years since you left this earthly kingdom.  We all sing (and dance) to you.  Enjoy.



That would be Joan, Sid's ex-wife and the mother of his children, the first brunette dancer in the black dress.

My father, Charles Maxon, with the Paul Whiteman Band:
Say It With Music


I can't get a complete mp3 anywhere at this time that confirms Sid is on the drums, but I did confirm with Herb Stark that Sid played on the album with Ralph Flanagan "Always" (liner notes include Sid). Click on this link, and the click on the sample song "Rub-a-Dub-Dub" for a little drumming by Sid.

Here's Joan, Kelly, Leslie, me, Bob, Rick and Walter, back in the 1960's, with The Promised One. Saeed is the one chanting.


Leslie and Kelly singing one of Sid's favorite songs.
We Are One


Ruby and Summer



Gia Sachs
Move On


Aria Bruss and her brother, Gia
Kindly Heart


Kelsey Bulkin - Made In Heights
All The Places



RIP to our recently departed Eileen Norman, Jim Nelson, and Jane Russell (whom Sid enjoyed a special relationship with for a long time).

P.S. Sid, look out for my grandson, Zaire, as he transitions to a new and unknown home environment. He needs everyone's support and love.

Video two years ago of him singing to the YouTube video of Sugarland's "All I Want To Do."  Well, not really singing, but trying to!


O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit.  Purify my heart.  Illumine my powers.  I lay all my affairs in Thy hand.  Thou art my Guide and my Refuge.  I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved.  I will be a happy and joyful being.  O God!  I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me.  I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.

O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself.  I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.
--'Abdu'l-Baha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Mel for keeping our Dad alive!!!! He is so missed today and everyday! His Spirit was like a teenager and he was sharp, witty, funny and loved music more than anything! Music flowed in his veins! He loved everyone in the family and called me up almost everyday to ask me about EVERYONE! He cared deeply in his heart for the well being of everyone in the family! And, everyone outside the family! He just adored people and spiritual conversations as well as political ones! Until we all meet again! We love you Dad! Another year closer to you! love kelly

Portillo-Bulkin Family said...

Oh wow!!! How proud I am to be a Bulkin!!! Thank you, Melodi, for this amazing collection of memories and love. I think about Grandpa all the time and the gifts of music, song, humor, and faith he gave to us. He and grandma are great sources of inspiration that I continue to draw on to this day. Thank you again for bringing us back to these treasuries of art and magic. All my love to you, to all our family, and I'm saying special prayers for Grandpa on this day.
Love, Carmel (grandchild to Sid)

Carrie said...

This is a representation of our family, and I am proud to be a part of it. Thank you all for reading this third year tribute (not that I don't post other things in between the years spanning his death). Sid was always bigger than life. I have so many personal memories of him that none of you will ever know ... but if your memories of him personally were like mine ... damn, what tremendous memories, right?

I just hope I stepped up and represented his family in this tribute.